Get involved with Move UBC!
Whether you want to host an event in-person or remotely, share supports with students, faculty or staff, or simply help us spread the word that small movements can add up to big changes, there are lots of ways to take part in Move UBC!
Partner Planning Session
Partner with Move UBC by creating events, workshops, or by promoting Move UBC through your classroom or workspace. Fill out this form to start planning your partnership!
Join us at for Move UBC 2022 planning sessions to learn more about ways to get involved with Move UBC! Brainstorm events and campaign ideas, ask questions about your grant application, learn more about how to use our communication toolkit, and connect with other Move UBC champions!
I want to...
You can help getting our campus community moving more by hosting an in-person or remote event, workshop, or activity that supports physical activity. Please ensure that your Move UBC event adheres to all Provincial Health Orders.
Have a socially-distanced weekly walking club? Hosting a yoga session? We want to share and celebrate all the great ways you move--whether at home or on our campuses.
Move UBC events can be existing initiatives that you already host, or one designed specifically for Move UBC.
Tips for hosting a Move UBC event:
- When putting together an event, make sure to take a look at the Inclusive Physical Activity toolkit to ensure that your event is including and welcome for everyone.
- Start by registering as a Move UBC partner. We'll provide you with lots of great Move UBC collateral to help promote your event.
- Get inspired by the great events and initiatives taking place throughout Move UBC month in February. When you have details for your own event, add it to the Move UBC calendar.
- Fill out the event webform and be sure to include details such as location, audience (if restricted), and event details. Your event will be approved and published. Contact email@example.com if you need to make changes at a later date.
- Need funds to make your event happen? Apply for a Move UBC grant!
Working and learning from home often means lots of sitting—in Zoom meetings and classes, when In fact, Canadian adults spend an average of 50-70% of their day sitting. It is estimated that these times
Support student wellbeing by looking for ways to promote ways to movement in your learning environment—it can help improve learning, creativity, and concentration!
- Incorporate an on-demand movement break into your Canvas Course through our movement breaks that you can find on the Canvas Commons! Below are the links for these breaks:
- Want to help your students move more, but don't know where to start? Book the Move U Crew to lead your class through some 5-10 minute movement breaks.
- Take a Stand! The School of Health and Exercise Sciences (Okanagan Campus) shares their policy for incorporating standing and movement breaks for students during lecture-based classes.
- Let your students know it's ok to stand, stretch, and move around during classes. Many students have asynchronous classes and may find themselves sitting for hours at a time.
Help spread the word about Move UBC! Email your networks on campus, put up posters, or share via social with #MoveUBC.
Here you'll find a communication toolkit with pre-drafted social media content, graphics and templates for Instagram and Facebook, and photo pools.
View the Move UBC Communications Toolkit