Move UBC is a university-wide annual initiative to increase physical activity and reduce the time students, staff, faculty and the UBC community spend sitting. Small changes can add up to big impacts—moving more and sitting less can improve both mental and physical health, impact academic and professional success, and contribute to wellbeing in meaningful ways.
But for many, fitting physical activity into our day can be a challenge, especially when working and learning from home. It's crucial that we follow all Provincial Health Orders around safe recreation when we look for ways to move more, but there are still many ways we can be physically active while physically distancing. We hope that Move UBC will be an opportunity for you to explore ways to Move More, Move Well, and Move Anywhere.
- The benefits of moving more and breaking up sedentary behaviour
- Explore Canada's 24-hour Movement Guidelines
MAKE YOUR MOVE
- Explore ways to move that work for you
- Tips for fitting physical activity into your day
- Provincial Health Guidelines during COVID-19.
MOVE UBC EVENT CALENDAR
- Check out what's happening during Move UBC month!
- Add your own events and programs!