November 8, 2023
Understanding Your UBC Benefits: How to maximize your benefits coverage
Virtual Campus | 10:30am–12:00pm
UBC is committed to creating an outstanding workplace for our 17,000+ employees. One way we do this is by offering employees an extensive benefits package to support their continued health and wellbeing.
Janet McHugh and Lauren Lee from the Health, Wellbeing & Benefits team will help you better understand the wide range of benefits available to you, with a focus on effective ways to maximize your coverage.
What will you learn?
- What your benefits cover and where to find more information
- Expenses eligible for the Health Spending Account
- How to effectively submit claims using your benefits
- Coordination of benefits
- Tips on making changes to your benefits in Workday
- What the Employee and Family Assistance Plan (EFAP) offers and how to access these resources with a focus on the new TELUS Health online booking tool
Important notes about the webinar:
- This session will be hosted on Zoom Webinar. Your cameras and microphones will remain off during the webinar.
- This webinar will be recorded and the recording will be made available on this page. The slides will also be shared.
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions in a Q&A session at the end.
- Closed captioning can be enabled.
- Janet McHugh (she/her), Benefits Specialist, Central Human Resources, UBC Vancouver
- Lauren Lee (she/her), Workplace Wellbeing Associate EFAP, Central Human Resources, UBC Vancouver
Have an event related to wellbeing?
10:30am - 12:00pm