November 21, 2023
Thrive Research Roundtable
Okanagan Campus | 10:00am–12:00pm
There are two ways to join:
- In person on UBC Vancouver campus at the Hydro Theatre (2260 West Mall), in the Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability (CIRS)
- OR online via Zoom
Join us for the first-ever Thrive research roundtable! We are bringing together some of the leading minds on mental health to deliver Creating Caring Communities: Exploring the Future of Social Wellbeing and Mental Health at UBC and Beyond.
This year’s event will discuss the intersections between mental health, social wellbeing, loneliness, and connection. Our interdisciplinary panel of researchers will share their research on critical themes of mental health and social wellbeing. There will be a special emphasis on how these themes connect to UBC's commitment to being a healthy campus and supporting the diverse experiences and perspectives of mental health among our students, faculty, and staff. Participants will also engage in meaningful discussions and take away insights that can inform our collective efforts towards supporting healthy and sustainable workplace and learning environments.
- Moderator: Miranda Massie, Workplace Wellbeing Practices and Learning Consultant, Health Wellbeing and Benefits
- Sana Shahram, PhD, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, Okanagan
- Johanna Sam, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology, and Special Education
- Guangyu Wang,PhD, Associate Dean, Asian Strategies; Associate Professor Faculty of Forestry
- Yeeun Archer Lee, Postdoctoral researcher, Psychology, U of T (St. George), Toronto
Light refreshments and lunch will be provided for those in-person on Vancouver campus.
If you have any access needs or if there are any ways we can support your full participation in this session, please email Truelove Twumasi at email@example.com no later than 2 weeks in advance of the event. We will be glad to work with you to make the appropriate arrangements.
Have an event related to wellbeing?
10:00am - 12:00pm
Online + Hydro Theatre at CIRS (2260 West Mall) on Vancouver campus