Join the Wellbeing Challenge – a challenge to help get you eating well, moving more, and staying socially connected during this challenging time. Wherever you are in the world, we invite you to find fun, creative ways to maintain mental and physical health while practicing social and physical distancing.
We're facing challenging times – and we can get through this together, while still staying apart and helping to flatten the curve. We want to help you foster mental health, stay active, and connect, wherever you are.
Plus, you'll have a chance to:
- Win lots of great prizes including a lululemon yoga mat, a fit bit and more!
- Get inspiration for fun activities to help you thrive.
- Challenge you friends or colleagues, be creative, stay connected, and have fun!
How to Participate
The Wellbeing Challege is a digital scavenger hunt, designed to help foster mental health while complying with physical and social distancing recommendations.
Download scavify, create an account, and join the “UBC Wellbeing Challenge". Take part in as many, or as few task as you’d like. Feel free to find inspiration in the tasks in the challenge, or try your own fun activities! Complete a minimum of 15 tasks and you’ll be entered to win amazing prizes!
See below for more details and eligibility.
- Starting March 25, 2020 download scavify (or participate through a web browser) create an account and join the hunt “UBC Wellbeing Challege”
- The challenge officially begins March 27, 2020.
- Eligible participants must be:
- Currently registered UBC students (undergraduate or graduate)
- UBC faculty (including sessional lecturers)
- UBC staff
- UNA residents
- Complete various tasks via the app to be entered to win amazing prizes!
- Tasks will vary from snapping photos, to finding the "wellbeing word" (CONNECTION) in some tasks, to answering questions.
- Contestants need to complete a minimum of 15 tasks to be eligible to win prizing
- Contestants can expect a maximum of 10 special challenges that will be pushed via the app
- All eligible contestants may join the challenge at any time
- All eligible contestants have until April 29, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Contestants will be contacted through e-mail to claim their prize (please note, this will not be possible until social and physical distancing recommendations are lifted).
Participation is free! Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Participants who complete all challenges will be entered into a draw to win the grand prize:
- $200 UBC Bookstore Gift card.
Participants who complete a minimum of 15 challenges will be entered into a draw to win great prizes, including:
- $50 UBC Food Services Gift Car (2 available)
- A lululemon yoga mat (2 available)
- A Fit Bit
Mental Health Supports
As our community navigates these unprecedented times, it is important to consider ways to support mental health and resilience. If you are experiencing fear, stress, worry and isolation, please know that these feelings are natural when facing threats that are beyond our control.
If you need help in coping with these feelings, there are resources available.