Thrive 5+ Challenge
How to Participate
Join the Thrive 5+ Scavify Challenge and explore the things that help you thrive!
- A chance to win great prizes
- Take time to discover small steps you can take to help you thrive year-round.
Challenge your friends or colleagues, explore new things and have fun!
How to Participate
Download scavify to create an account and join the “Thrive Five Plus Challenge”
For each task you complete, you'll be entered into a draw to win prizes. For additional opportunities to win, download the Thrive Five+ bingo sheet; fill out the bingo sheet in different ways and you'll win additional entries into the draw. Join and take part in different tasks that will help you explore the many ways that you can focus and foster and maintain your mental health.
See below for more details and eligibility.
- The Challenge officially begins November 2! Starting November 2, 2020 download scavify (or participate through a web browser), create an account and join the hunt “Thrive 5 Plus Challenge.”
- Complete various tasks via the app to be entered to win amazing prizes
- Tasks will vary from snapping photos, to telling us about your top tips for a sounder sleep.
- The wellbeing word is “thrive”
- For each task that you complete, you will be entered in the draw to win a prize.
- Download the Thrive 5+ Bingo Sheet to complete in order to be entered in the draw for prizes more often.
- Complete all the corners amd get 1 additional entry
- One line across, down, or horizontally will give you an additional 2 entries
- Completing all of the squares will enter you an additional 3 times
- Contestants may also participate through a web browser
All eligible contestants may join the challenge at any time
All eligible contestants have until November 30, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. to participate
Each task in the challenge will tell you which type of box on the bingo sheet that the task applies to. For example, if you get a “Saying Hi” task - you can choose to cross off any of the “Saying Hi” boxes on the bingo sheet
Eligible participants must be:
- Currently registered UBC students (undergraduate or graduate)
- UBC faculty (including sessional lecturers)
- UBC staff
- UNA residents
- Grand prize is a Get Moving Swag Bag which includes:
- a lululemon yoga mat
- dry shampoo
- water bottle
- Move UBC Kit with a bag, towel and jump rope.
- The first ten people to sign up will receive a UBC Thunderbirds hat.
Contestants will be contacted through e-mail to claim their prize
UBC uses Scavify, a mobile device application, to create and manage scavenger hunt challenges to promote physical activity and wellbeing within Athletics and Recreation. UBC collects your personal information, including your full name and e-mail address, in order to create an account and provide you access to Scavify. UBC collects and uses this information under authority of section 26(c) of the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).
Scavify is hosted on servers located outside of Canada (in the USA). UBC requires your consent to disclose the information it collects from you in order to create your account and provide you access to Scavify‘s services.
Scavify provides functions that allow you to upload photos and videos, and to check-in using your mobile device’s geo-location capabilities, all as part of tasks participants may be required to be complete when participating in a scavenger hunt or discovery event. Use of these functions is optional and may not be required for specific scavenger-hunt challenges.
NOTE: It is solely your responsibility to ensure the necessary consents have been obtained from all other individuals who may appear in any images (photographs, video / audio recordings, or other likenesses) that you chose to upload to Scavify.
UBC uses information you enter into Scavify for the purposes of recording completion of scavenger-hunt tasks, and identifying qualified winners of particular tasks, or of a scavenger-hunt game. Aggregated information is used to identify tasks / games with high participant rates. The information will not be shared with anyone outside Athletics and Recreation’s Physical Activity team, except as noted below.
If you are an announced winner of a scavenger-hunt game, your name may be published on UBC social media channels.
If you have any questions or concerns about the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal information or the use of Scavify, please contact the Intramural Events Coordinator at email@example.com or 604.822.4909 prior to creating an account or accessing UBC’s Scavify service.
Consent to Disclose Information
By creating an account and accessing the Scavify application, you are indicating:
- that you have read and understand the above privacy notification; and
- that you are granting your consent for storage, disclosure, and access of your personal information outside of Canada; and
- that you understand and accept that you are solely responsible for ensuring you have obtained the appropriate consent of any others who may appear in images you upload to Scavify; and
- If you have any questions or concerns about the collection, use, and/or disclosure of your personal information or the use of Scavify, please contact the Intramural Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.822.4909 prior to creating an account or accessing UBC’s Scavify service.